Playhouse Health and Safety Policies
Updated 30 August 2020
Playhouse re-opening: taking care of everyone
Heritage Playhouse is committed to the health and safety of its volunteers, artists, patrons, and the community.
Heritage Playhouse will consistently follow the orders and recommendations from health authorities regarding preventing the spread of COVID-19 to keep you and everyone in our venue safe.
Current orders and recommendations include and are not limited to:
- A maximum of 50 people only are permitted within the facility at all times.
- Promoting physical distancing through the layout of spaces, markings on the floors, traffic flow control, signage, and other reasonable means.
- Providing hand sanitizer, and other sanitation tools.
- Requiring face masks to be worn throughout the facility during performances with the exception of those on stage.
- Installing a lexan barrier at our new box office.
- Limiting the number of people allowed in all areas and/or temporarily closing the building to the public as required.
- The use of Orderly/Maxim (approved by Health Canada) for disinfecting facility between events or during as needed.
Policies for the General Public
- Nobody with symptoms or illness should enter the building.
- Anyone entering the building to see a show or participate in an activity is requested to use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility.
- Face masks are required.
- Households or other groups that are already in close contact with one another may freely interact with one another without physical distancing, but must respect the physical distance of others in the space.
- The name and phone number of one person in your group must be provided to the box office person for contact tracing purposes.
Practices for staff, volunteers and artists
- Nobody should enter the facility if they have any symptoms or illness, even if they do not think they have COVID.
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering the facility.
- Volunteers must sign in upon entering the facility.
- Wipe down work areas and any equipment used at the end of the day/event
- Face masks are not required for general work, but are required for any activities that require close contact or when the public is in the building.
- Everyone is required to respect occupancy limits for each space.
Policies for renters
Renters should ensure that their groups follow hand washing and other sanitary procedures.
- Nobody should enter the facility if they are sick.
- All renters must follow guidelines regarding room capacity and maintain physical distancing during their activities for each room within the building at all times.
- Bookings for activities that are not ticketed will have a building sanitation surcharge added to the cost.